CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2003-07-09 09:34:30 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "sliminbay" <sliminbay@y...>
wrote:
> I am currently building CNC with Pittman 30VDC servos with HP
encoder
> and Gecko motor drives. Can anyone make suggestions on which servo
> controller board and software to use?
> DeskCNC offer both controller board and software, but don't know
how
> useful it is and if it will work for servo motor?

I have a Sherline Mill here that has been running for about 6 weeks
with the DeskCNC software, controller board, and some new DeskCNC
servo drivers. Some of our probe testing was done on this machine.
There is a picture in the photo section under Deskcnc probe.

We are about 2 weeks from releasing a cnc-control, servo retrofit kit
for desktop mills with DeskCNC software, controller board, 3 servo
drivers, 3 motors w/encoders and NEMA 23 mounting plates for under
$700 retail. Add in about $70 of misc electronics and a CNC ready
desktop mill and end up with a CNC servo mill for about $1500. Bye
Bye steppers.

We are not sure if the DeskCNC probes will be in stock first or the
Servo Controller retrofits.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

sliminbay 2003-07-08 23:18:59 UTC CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Fred Smith 2003-07-09 09:34:30 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Charles Hixon 2003-07-09 10:44:31 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Fred Smith 2003-07-09 12:35:53 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc stevenson_engineers 2003-07-09 14:03:10 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Fred Smith 2003-07-09 14:59:31 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc stevenson_engineers 2003-07-09 15:48:29 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Fred Smith 2003-07-09 16:19:12 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Tim Goldstein 2003-07-09 16:36:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Steven Ciciora 2003-07-10 13:30:24 UTC SolidWorks Personal Eddition