CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2003-07-09 16:19:12 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "stevenson_engineers"
<john@s...> wrote:

> Couple more points. Can G43 mimic the G44 command with a negative
> sign?
> Although you state G44 isn't standard it is in the UK and Europe.

G44 is not not defined in NIST RS274NGC standard. the G43 functions
exactly the same way as far as the user is concerned, except that he
enters a positive tool length (which can be measured off line from
teh tool gage line) and still sets his zero at the top of the part.
The computer takes care of the math and saves having to enter a
redundant negative sign every time a tool is entered in to th etool
table. Both work, only G43 is supported. The spec specifically
requires only positive values. My own Allen Bradley 8400 controller
uses negative toollengths. It implements the offsets by calling
an "O" oh-my word. It works exactly the same as G44 but the offset
cancel is "O0" oh-my zero in stead of G49. g-code sure is fun.

> Here we are taught to set the work top face at Z zero and all
> negative moves are into the work. No flames please it's just the
way
> we are taught for safety reasons. Any Z 0.0 move will go home and
not
> down to the bed surface.

G43 functions exactly the same.

> Last point, are you [ or presumably Carl? ] selling to the UK or do
> you have an agent here?

We have been selling DeskCNC direct to the UK for some time and all
around the world for that matter. See our ads in "Model Engineer's
Workshop". We do not presently have a local agent in the UK.
Interested dealers are invited to contact us directly at imserv "at"
imsrv.com. Even though the price is low, there is considerable room
for value added activities for integration, local support, and
training, even OEM activities.

Fred Smith - IMService

Discussion Thread

sliminbay 2003-07-08 23:18:59 UTC CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Fred Smith 2003-07-09 09:34:30 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Charles Hixon 2003-07-09 10:44:31 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Fred Smith 2003-07-09 12:35:53 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc stevenson_engineers 2003-07-09 14:03:10 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Fred Smith 2003-07-09 14:59:31 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc stevenson_engineers 2003-07-09 15:48:29 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Fred Smith 2003-07-09 16:19:12 UTC Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Tim Goldstein 2003-07-09 16:36:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC controller board and software for servo motor cnc Steven Ciciora 2003-07-10 13:30:24 UTC SolidWorks Personal Eddition