CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??.

on 2003-07-11 07:25:50 UTC
Shade will go a long way.

if you can keep the sun off the roof, 90% of your heat gain will go
away. depending on how you want to do it, a false roof, a foot
higher than the real one will allow air flow and eleminate the heat.
A tarp should be easy enough to put over the roof on milk crates to
keep it off enough. it would work for some the the summer months.

most people insulate, not enough people over-insulate. R-22 or more,
pack the stuff to allow air flow from the eves to the ridge vent or
fans. Then instead of dryall, use a thick layer of ridgid foam boards
for another layer of insualtion. Then seal all the cracks with tape.

once you insulate the heck out of the place, air conditioning will be
much cheaper.

ANY, repeat ANY openings will drastically lower the efficency of air
conditioning. it takes 5 times more energy to reduce humidity than
to cool and tiny cracks let humidity flood in. That's why they seal
electrical outlets from leaks in the new energy efficient homes.

but, no cracks lets you inhale the fumes so you need to get a good
balance between fresh air and air conditioning.

As far as the electronics, you can blow air over them at great
volumes to increase the heat exchange of the heat sinks. loosly,
air mass is the thing that does the heat exchange, greater
differential temperatures will have a higher percentage of exchange,
but you need volume to get rid of the heat when you don't have the
temperature spread.

And one option is to get an old refridgerator and put all your stuff
in that. wires out for the keyboard and monitor, and, you can keep
your beer cold too !

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "David A. Frantz"
<wizard@e...> wrote:
> Hi Luis;
>
> Well obviously if it is 100 outside there is no way to drop below
that
> without some sort of cooling system. Such a system would not be
> pratical without a completely insulated garage. So that is your
first
> decision do you want to spend the money to insulate.
>
> If the temperature in your garage is well above 100 but you can
find 100
> itself tolerable roof mount fans may help. By the way even here
> insulation will help. In the same manner it may be possible to
> implement some passive devices such as a thermo siphons.
Anything to

wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> >Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> >OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> >If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.
> >http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> >NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> >bill
> >List Mom
> >List Owner
> >

> >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

JanRwl@A... 2003-07-10 21:04:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??. David A. Frantz 2003-07-10 22:13:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??. Tim Goldstein 2003-07-10 23:04:43 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??. Vince Negrete 2003-07-10 23:20:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??. turbulatordude 2003-07-11 07:25:50 UTC Re: CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??. jim davies 2003-07-11 16:36:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??. Lee Studley 2003-07-11 16:36:52 UTC OT no more guys Re: CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??. cnc002@a... 2003-07-13 07:01:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??. ccq@x... 2003-07-13 08:42:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC vs HOT WEATHER, WHAT TO DO??.