CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up???

Posted by ballendo
on 2003-08-14 06:10:16 UTC
Vince,

It's not drawn up by us, because it's so easily found online...
Caveat; there are a whole slew of Bridgeport models and over the
years things changed. Be sure you are comparing apples with apples.

Try:

http://www.rockfordballscrew.com/images/pdfs/Retro.pdf

While there, goto:

http://www.rockfordballscrew.com/semchart.htm

Then :

http://www.rockfordballscrew.com/bmchart.htm

Next look at the menu to the left for additional places for more
details.

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

P.S. You may want to review the difference between simple, fixed, and
rigid end mounting of lead/ball screws. The EZmount is a fixed type,
but on the rockford site, their similar BM mount is regarded by them
as a simple type...

Generally you want rigid for cnc machine tools of full size. In this
type the angular contact bearings are separated by about 3 screw
diameters (or more). Precision length sleeves on the screw and in the
bearing housing are used to create this distance. The preload on the
angular bearings is adjusted by the length of these spacers, or less
often, with shim washers... Using a rigid mount will allow the screw
to either: be longer, be smaller in diameter, or spin faster. When
compared to fixed, or simple end mounts.

In short, surf a few ballscrew sites, and learn a bit before turning
the ends of those screws!

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Vince Negrete"
<vnegrete@r...> wrote:
> Page 87 of the Ballscrew Catolog that Jason Cox refered me to at
> www.nookind.com shows a small drawing of the EZZE mount but I need
a bigger
> drawing with dimensions so I can mill one myself. At least just a
concept
> would help me. I will be cutting/grinding the ballscrew soon and
need the
> design.
> What format are they in? Let me know. Maybe I can convert it to
output
> HP-GL/2 Language and get a large plot off my Plotter.
> By the way. I can provide on a limited basis some pretty nice
20x30 plots
> to anyone in need in our group.
>
> Vince

was:
> John's CNC plans???
>

> > I passed some of my shop drawings on to Bill who has CAD'd a few
of
> > them. The ball screw spindles we used would work for a 1.25"
ballscrew
> > if the main diameter was increased.
> >
> > I'm sure Bill will share, right Bill ?
> >
> > Kim
> >

> > On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 10:19, Vince Negrete wrote:
> > > I have to repeat this question since I know somebody has info
but I'm
> > > guessin missed my post:
> > >
> > > If, anyone else has a good dimensional drawing for an End
> > > Bearing/Nut assy, that would work well with a 1.125" 5-tpi
Ballscrew
> > > installed on a Bridgeport Style Knee-Mill I'd appreciate the
info! The
> > > idea here is to adapt a proven Concept before I make a mistake
> incorrectly
> > > cutting the Ballscrews.... (a very expensive mistake)
> > >
> > > If I dont have the Terminology of the end-mount correct maybe
this will
> help
> > > explain what I'm looking for:
> > > It mounts on the end of the Ballscrew affixing it to the Mill.
> > > Y-Axis should have One preloaded mountpoint typically with one
bearing
> block
> > > assy., and X-Axis should have two bearing block assy's with
one side
> > > preloaded. Maybe its my use of the word Preloaded that is
confusing
> > > things.. My
> > > terminology might be messed up.
> > >
> > > The design would determine the cuts needed to modify my
Ballscrew ends
> for
> > > refit onto the Mill.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Vince

CNC Mill
> For
> > > Hobby

> No
> guy in

Preload
Ballscrew
> The
> incorrectly

CNC" and
> website

> wanliker@a...,

> it
> > > if

> be a
> for
> > > OT

POSTING
> THEM.
EXCEPTIONS........

> > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

wanliker@a...,
> > > timg@k...

> > > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it
> if
> > > you have trouble.

> > > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there,
> for OT
> > > subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

POSTING
> THEM.
> > > DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > > >

> > > Addresses:
> > > FAQ: http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> > > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> > >
> > > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> > >
> > > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> > >
> > > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > > bill
> > > List Mom
> > > List Owner
> > >

> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > --
> > Kim Lux <lux@d...>
> >
> > Addresses:
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Vince Negrete 2003-08-13 09:46:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Vince Negrete 2003-08-13 09:50:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Vince Negrete 2003-08-13 10:05:27 UTC Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Bill Kichman 2003-08-13 11:10:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Bill Kichman 2003-08-13 11:26:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Vince Negrete 2003-08-13 11:36:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Bill Kichman 2003-08-13 12:27:47 UTC Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? Bill Kichman 2003-08-13 13:12:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? ccq@x... 2003-08-13 19:28:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? was: John's CNC plans??? ballendo 2003-08-14 06:10:16 UTC Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? Leslie M. Watts 2003-08-14 08:41:03 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? Vince Negrete 2003-08-15 07:48:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? Leslie M. Watts 2003-08-15 11:39:27 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? Leslie M. Watts 2003-08-16 10:14:12 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? Vince Negrete 2003-08-16 21:23:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? Leslie M. Watts 2003-08-17 05:56:41 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up??? Vince Negrete 2003-08-17 08:53:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ballscrew end mounts was Re: Doesnt ANYONE have this drawn up???