CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:[CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Newbi needs advise on torch table. - now THC(oops)

Posted by cruiser man
on 2003-08-26 07:58:05 UTC
Sorry about the double post here, I accidentaly hit
send before I was done. Please disregard my first
post.

I think that the system that you are using has some
very strong merits for most people. Eventually I will
probably go that route or something similar. I have
two problems with it though.

1. I can't control a oxy/acetylene torch with
this system. Which probably is not a very big deal,
though I would like the ability to cut larger pieces
of steal then what plasma will pierce. Ideally I
would like to have the ability to cut some thick
chunks of steal up to say six inches. Obviously I
will need to make multiple passes no matter what I cut
with.
2. Second and not so important I have to use
Windows to run the system. I have no problem with
Windows, it just is not my preferred choice.

Will

=== message truncated ===