CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Minertia Motors

Posted by Harvey White
on 2003-09-02 21:24:38 UTC
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:30:44 -0600, you wrote:

>Harvey,
>I have done some bench testing and found out the proper hookup to at least a
>geckodrive 320. The encoder is black enc-, red enc+, white is phaseA, green
>is phaseB. The encoder is 750 for 1 revolution of the motor. So 750 times
>the lead screw pitch gives your pulses per inch. The motor leads go to the
>arm+ and - if you have these reversed it will fault out immediately.
>I have been running these at 80ipm no problem on the bench.

Thanks. I bought 10 of these little things, and 8 appear to be in
good shape, the others rattle (might be something to do with the
encoder or bad brushes....)

Still, the price was right. At least one of these will be used in a
telescope to provide the drive (possibly two). I'll have to make the
worm gears, of course. I think that an Atmel 90S2313 running as a
phase lock loop based on the encoder, its internal timebase and the 16
bit counter should give me the possible design ratios, especially
since it is also designed to do PWM.

Should be an interesting project.

Will be running off 12 volts at the most, although I can have 18 volts
available at a higher drain from the battery (old compaq mobile
adaptor... 12 to 18 volts....)

That 80 IPM runs out to what RPM or at what voltage supply? The
company says that they run well up to 24 volts, and I will attest that
the torque at 3 volts is respectable.

Harvey