CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation.

Posted by samcoinc2001
on 2003-09-20 10:24:35 UTC
I use oem650 - they are great. I got some oem650x's and removed the
indexer and used them with step and direction software like
turbocnc. Didn't have to worry about learning parkers language. The
hardest part was to find small enough jumpers to jump the header
plug after you remove the indexer card from them.

sam

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Alastair Reynolds"
<alastair_reynolds@b...> wrote:
> I am a new member to the group, and this is my first message, so
please bear
> with me.
>
> I have just started a milling machine conversion
> (http://home.freeuk.com/jaguar/milling/). However I have changed
the design
> as the original had some very severe short comings in terms of
speed and
> accuracy.
>
> I have now obtained some constant current bridge driver
> (http://www.compumotor.com/manuals/OEM/OEM350-650.pdf) They
interface at
> rs-232 with the PC and the 650X version can be daisy chained I
believe. The
> software driver has to generate X-ware a Compumotor/Parker
proprietary
> command language. These drivers are quite sophisticated giving you
feedback
> if they have stalled or not also they can be triggered so latency
in the PC
> operating system is no longer an issue. However the down side is no
> shareware or freeware software appears to be available to drive
them. I am
> experimenting with NI Lab Windows, theoretically I know I can take
a G-code
> file and parse it to drive the Compumotors via a bit of home grown
code and
> panel control. I have done this sort of thing before, but it is
not easy,
> but it is cheaper than buying a purpose designed controller. This
approach
> requires me to write a circular interpretation algorithm for G2/3.
There are
> plenty of software applications that can produce G-code from a dfx
files so
> that is why I am going that route. Has anybody in the group
dabbled with
> circular interpolation algorithms in C (or any other language).
Any other
> comments on my hair brained project will be gratefully received
particularly
> if there is an easier route to my chosen solution.

Discussion Thread

Alastair Reynolds 2003-09-20 07:59:48 UTC Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation. Paul 2003-09-20 08:28:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation. Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-09-20 10:19:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation. samcoinc2001 2003-09-20 10:24:35 UTC Re: Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation. William Scalione 2003-09-20 10:36:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation. Carey Culpepper 2003-09-20 10:37:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation. Alastair Reynolds 2003-09-21 06:56:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation. Antonius J.M. Groothuizen 2003-09-21 07:08:07 UTC Re: Circular interpolation G2/3 implementation.