CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Vexta 5 phase drive hookup

Posted by jm_fong
on 2003-10-22 08:17:18 UTC
I found some time this evening to look at it again, couldn't give up
now that I had it all apart. Decided to clean it out really well.
There was alot of caked on dirt and probably some metal shavings.
Well on the bottom side of the board under a layer of dust is a
small switch I did not see before. It happens to be the step/dir
switch.

Put it back together, hooked up the motor and got it to spin both
directions. It now works in step/dir and CC/CCW mode by flipping
the switch.

Here are the Berger Lahr 10 wires to Vexta drive hookup. The Vexta
terminals are labeled BLUE,RED,WHITE,BROWN,BLACK.

YELLOW&GREY >>> BLUE
GREEN&BROWN >>> RED
RED&BLACK >>> WHITE
WHITE&ORANGE >>> BROWN
BLUE&VIOLET >>> BLACK

In step/dir mode, CW input is step and CCW is dir. These are opto
inputs so the + terminals need to be connected to +5volts.

There are 3 small pots on the board. Left one is unknown, middle is
the current reduction setting, right one seems to be the max output
current setting.

This may be usefull for someone who finds these older drives on ebay.

Does anyone know what the max rated output current this drive can
put out? model UDX5107

Regards,

Jim

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> jm_fong wrote:
>
> >Hi Jon,
> >
> >I found a hookup diagram that converts 10 wire Berger Lahr to 10
> >wire Vexta color code. From there I was able to figure out which
> >sequence to hookup to the 5 terminals on the driver. I can step
the
> >motor CCW, but not CW. The H.off input works, that disables CCW
> >input if I enable it. My guess is the CW has a bad opto chip. It
was
> >a free ebay find so loss but some time spent on the bench. The
TIM
> >has an LED and that seems to light up every 5 pulses like you
say.

> >This one goes into the junk pile.
> >

> What? You go all the way to diagnose the problem, then you chuck
it?

> You should note some models of the Vexta drivers have a switch
that selects
> for step/direction or CW/CCW mode. I think this switch is labeled
> 1P / 2P. I think you may have this set for the step/dir mode.
Try it
> as a step/dir drive, it probably works fine.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

jm_fong 2003-10-20 07:55:10 UTC Vexta 5 phase drive hookup Jon Elson 2003-10-20 10:24:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Vexta 5 phase drive hookup jm_fong 2003-10-20 14:26:25 UTC Re: Vexta 5 phase drive hookup jm_fong 2003-10-21 07:42:28 UTC Re: Vexta 5 phase drive hookup Jon Elson 2003-10-21 10:43:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vexta 5 phase drive hookup jm_fong 2003-10-21 16:23:43 UTC Re: Vexta 5 phase drive hookup Raymond Heckert 2003-10-21 16:37:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Vexta 5 phase drive hookup Harvey White 2003-10-21 22:11:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Vexta 5 phase drive hookup jm_fong 2003-10-22 08:17:18 UTC Re: Vexta 5 phase drive hookup Carey Culpepper 2003-10-24 17:25:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vexta 5 phase drive hookup