CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gecko 320 with external encoder power supply

Posted by andrebarclay
on 2004-01-01 20:18:30 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "andrebarclay"
Thanks to all of you who responded to my questions. Without this
group, many of us would have given up a long time ago.

Andre Barclay
<andre.barclay@v...> wrote:
> Happy New Year to all,
>
> I would be a lot happier if I could hook up these damn servos to my
> gecko 320s.
> I talked to Mariss @ Gecko and in his usual fashion explained
> everything thoroughly but I must have written something down wrong so
> now I'm stuck and too chicken to waist more of his time (he really is
> patient with boneheads like me.)
>
> I did gather that I needed a separate power supply for each of the
> encoders since they draw more current then the geckos can supply.
>
> Here is what I have. My encoders have 8 wires with the following
> functions:
>
> Orange CH A+ This goes to Phase A on the drive
> Green CH A- Where does this go?
> Yellow CH B+ This goes to Phase B on the drive
> Blue CH B- Where does this go?
> Brown CH Z+ I understand that this is not used.
> Grey CH Z- I understand that this is not used.
> Red CH +5v +5v from my power supply goes directly to this.
> Black Common Where does this go?
> Shield Drain Where is the best place to drain this to?
>
> Hope someone can help!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andre Barclay

Discussion Thread

andrebarclay 2004-01-01 12:10:55 UTC Gecko 320 with external encoder power supply Gregory Kamysz 2004-01-01 12:25:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 320 with external encoder power supply Mariss Freimanis 2004-01-01 13:07:13 UTC Re: Gecko 320 with external encoder power supply wayne_j_hill 2004-01-01 16:05:04 UTC Re: Gecko 320 with external encoder power supply Jon Elson 2004-01-01 19:33:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 320 with external encoder power supply andrebarclay 2004-01-01 20:18:30 UTC Re: Gecko 320 with external encoder power supply