CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Galil controllers compatible softwares

Posted by jdmullett
on 2004-01-17 12:31:35 UTC
I'll second that on JRA. I've visited his shop and Jay is quite
helpful and genuinely a nice guy.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Peter Renolds <prenolds@s...>
wrote:
> Have you looked at the two leads I gave you back on the 9th of
Jan? I'm
> not aware of any other retrofit type systems based on Galil cards,
but
> they may be out there. Just becasue you have the Galil card, you
may
> still want to consider the parallel port control options such as
Mach2
> and others discussed regularly on this list.
>
> From my research before buying and my satisfaction after selecting
the
> JRA system I don't think you will get a better bang for your buck
than
> with the JRA system, assuming you already have the (expensive)
Galil
> card. You can pick up AMC analog drives cheaply on eBay, typically
> around $120 - $130 per axis. FYI, I don't think there are many
people
> on this list that use a Galil based controller for their CNC
projects.

> Contact the vendors and ask them for references - that's what I did
and
> it was very enlightening. In the end, you have to decide which
control
> best meets your needs and budget.
>
> Cheers, Peter
>
> Mouss_T wrote:
>
> > I need opinions about Galil controllers compatible
softwares, which one
> >is good or
> >
> > is there enough alternative to choose.

Discussion Thread

Mouss_T 2004-01-17 06:05:13 UTC Galil controllers compatible softwares tommy clay 2004-01-17 07:32:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Galil controllers compatible softwares Peter Renolds 2004-01-17 10:58:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Galil controllers compatible softwares jdmullett 2004-01-17 12:31:35 UTC Re: Galil controllers compatible softwares Shawncd 2004-01-17 12:41:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Galil controllers compatible softwares John Johnson 2004-01-17 17:26:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Galil controllers compatible softwares jjmefoam 2004-01-18 08:20:39 UTC Re: Galil controllers compatible softwares Peter Renolds 2004-01-18 11:33:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Galil controllers compatible softwares