CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] test servo motor,softwarefor lathe

Posted by brian reid
on 2004-02-04 14:28:35 UTC
A Big thank you Les
I know hardly anything about electronics but I have seen the web companies you mention. I will get in touch with them and count up the cost.I will have to get the finger out because the job we have to machine (a small cam screw we groove for circlip)12000 per month has arrived.how long will it take to convert? and approx how much.
Best Regards
Brian Reid
Dundee
call/fax 01382 889990
bbrreid@...

Les Newell <lesnewell@...> wrote:
Hi Brian,

The TCL125s connected to a special I/O connector on the BBC. There is no
direct equivalent on a PC. If you have the time and the programming
skill you could probably use a universal I/O board and write some
software to emulate it but it would be an awful lot of work.

The best solution is to remove the existing controller and replace it
with a PC running TurboCNC or Mach2. You can reuse the spindle
drive,spindle contactors(if fitted) and stepper power supply.

Remove the stepper drives and controller and replace them with a
breakout board such as the Campbell designs one and a couple of the
Xylotex single axis drives. The existing power supply will run Xylotex
drives quite nicely. It is possible to reuse the original drives but the
Xylotex ones will work much better and they are quite cheap.

I have rebuilt one TCL125 and will shortly be rebuilding another so if
you have any questions just ask.

Les

> can you test a servo motor after it has been removed from the machine without stripping it down?(just to verify that it is working).
> also I have a Boxford cnc lathe 125ctl working except for software to run from PC
> It has a ribbon cable that used to run from a BBC computer.this is urgent Willing to pay
> brian reid

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links