CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?

Posted by IMService
on 2004-02-22 11:05:03 UTC
> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:10:16 -0000
> From: "stevenson_engineers" <john@...>
>Subject: Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?
>
>>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Statman Designs, LLC"
>><titanium@c...> wrote:
>> You guys crack me up every time this is mentioned. Fred, you gonna
>>take
>> this from him?
>>
>> Dan.

Dan, He can tell whatever lies he wants about Bobcad. Not my problem.

>After all these moves aren't part or tolerant critical as they are
>either air cut or into the scrap part of the work.
>Lastly is this mid 18th century routine of having to define the way
>parts are draw to the way they are cut. Originally introduced by the
>Flat Earth society and incorporated into Bobcad and Vector.

Charming. Isn't Dolphin the only 2D program here? Flat earth society indeed.

( Excluding Sprutcam of course)

>If you select a closed entity, select a start point and the side to
>start cutting what other way can the cutter go ??

If you are inferring that this is not the case in Vector,
which you seem to try frequently, then perhaps you should read more, find the way the ACTUAL program works and ASS-U-me less.

>It has to start at the start point go the way you have said to the
>finish point, no other way so why bother with the arrors and way it
>was drawn.

1) Vector deals with intersections in 3D.
2) Vector does NOT care how it was drawn, please stop claiming otherwise.
It permits users of XYZ cad programs to reorganize their drawings into usable
tool paths and cutting order, with no regard to how it was drawn originally.
4) The Vector approach and departs are used for 2 and 4 axis wireEDM,
They are automatic and can be applied to multiple shapes automatically,
including the control points of 4 axis wire EDM with 3D Z separation.

By the way does the "free" Dolphin Cad save DXF yet?
Last I heard a few folks felt a bit put off by that lack of feature in a CAD program..

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

IMService 2004-02-22 11:05:03 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? stevenson_engineers 2004-02-22 22:00:33 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? carbonsteelsam 2004-02-23 21:52:51 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Anderson 2004-02-23 22:38:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? wayne_j_hill 2004-02-23 22:50:53 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Elson 2004-02-24 09:04:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? bsjoelund 2004-02-24 12:33:07 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Fred Smith 2004-02-24 13:28:02 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?