CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?

on 2004-02-23 21:52:51 UTC
Some time ago I looked at the BOBCAD free trial software and went no
further with it. Now, every time I create a .dxf file to load into a
cnc converter or just create a .dxf file from my Solidworks program
it automatically gets tagged with a BobCad file extension which my
other programs can't recognize. I can't believe that a CAD/CAM
company would in effect create a virus. Does anyone know how to get
rid of this annoying and debilitating Trojan horse?

Thanks

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "stevenson_engineers"
<john@s...> wrote:
> >--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "IMService" <imserv@v...>
> > Charming. Isn't Dolphin the only 2D program here? Flat earth
> society indeed.
> >
> > ( Excluding Sprutcam of course)
>
> No Dolphin is 3D if you consider swept surfaces and revolved
surfaces
> as 3D. For the rest it's 2 1/2D which is what 90% of machining
> operations are unless you are into mould work. In that case on a
cost
> for cost basis then Vector would be better or a more upmarket
program
> that takes into account better machining routines like rest
machining.

> > 1) Vector deals with intersections in 3D.
> > 2) Vector does NOT care how it was drawn, please stop claiming
> >otherwise.
> > It permits users of XYZ cad programs to reorganize their drawings
> >into usable
> > tool paths and cutting order, with no regard to how it was drawn
> >originally.
>
> Sorry? If it doesn't care how it was drawn why do you have to
> reorganise it ?
>
> > 4) The Vector approach and departs are used for 2 and 4 axis
> >wireEDM,
> > They are automatic and can be applied to multiple shapes
> >automatically,
> > including the control points of 4 axis wire EDM with 3D Z
> >separation.
>
> But not milling, only EDM ??
>

> > By the way does the "free" Dolphin Cad save DXF yet?
> > Last I heard a few folks felt a bit put off by that lack of
feature
> >in a CAD program..
>
> Don't ASS- Ume read post number 70410, and yes it is free just for
> the download time, no time limit, only detraction is a logo printed
> on each sheet to say it's the free version. And yes they do tell
you
> about it.
>

> > Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService
> >

> > We are ONLY ONE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

IMService 2004-02-22 11:05:03 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? stevenson_engineers 2004-02-22 22:00:33 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? carbonsteelsam 2004-02-23 21:52:51 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Anderson 2004-02-23 22:38:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? wayne_j_hill 2004-02-23 22:50:53 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Elson 2004-02-24 09:04:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? bsjoelund 2004-02-24 12:33:07 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Fred Smith 2004-02-24 13:28:02 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?