CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2004-02-24 13:28:02 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "bsjoelund"
<tecnoconsult@t...> wrote:
> > This is not a virus, it is a result of the stupid way Windows
> > Jon
>
> Stop right there....
> This is bad manners from software supplier! They should always have
> functions in the installation asking if you want to change this and
> that instead of overwriting things like dll:s etc.

Sorry, this is not one of the options that I have ever seen presented
with cad and graphics programs.

It probably was influenced by the Micrografx Designer, Corel Draw
wars. If you have ever installed either's suite from win 95
compatible and on, you will see that they each claim ALL the possible
file forms by association, both vector and bitmap formats. Not only
that, but if you run either one, they will automatically reassociate
all the file types, overriding your manual settings. Bobcad does
this too. Even worse, in some versions it associated with files at
installation and then when you double clicked the file, it wouldn't
open (any file in some versions, and like iges in some). If you
uninstall the program, you will still see little bobcat heads all
over your directory listings.

Vector associates with compatible files at first execution. There
are also exclusion settings available for non-exclusive Vector-CADCAM
file types like DXF and IGES.

Fred Smith - IMService

specials and hobby discounts are at
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby

Discussion Thread

IMService 2004-02-22 11:05:03 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? stevenson_engineers 2004-02-22 22:00:33 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? carbonsteelsam 2004-02-23 21:52:51 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Anderson 2004-02-23 22:38:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? wayne_j_hill 2004-02-23 22:50:53 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Elson 2004-02-24 09:04:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? bsjoelund 2004-02-24 12:33:07 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Fred Smith 2004-02-24 13:28:02 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?