CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2004-02-23 22:38:22 UTC
carbonsteelsam wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get
> rid of this annoying and debilitating Trojan horse?

That's not a trojan, it's a file association thing with Windows.
I installed a demo version of SolidEdge once and since it uses the same
.PRT extension as Cadkey, it changed the icon on all my CK files.
Probably would have opened the demo too if I'd double clicked a .PRT
file, but I always open CK files from within the program so that wasn't
an issue.

How to change file associations probably varies just a bit with the
version you are using. Under NT4.0, this is the procedure:
-----------------
To change which program starts when you open a file

1 In My Computer or Windows NT Explorer, click the View menu, and
then click Options.
2 Click the File Types tab.
3 In the list of file types, click the one you want to change.

The settings for that file type are shown in the File Type
Details box.

4 Click Edit.
5 In the Actions box, click Open.
6 Click Edit, and then specify the program you want to use to open
files that have this extension.

Tip: For Help on an item, click at the top of the dialog box, and
then click the item.
I just tried this and set DXF to be opened by Cadkey. CK of course,
doesn't recognize DXF as a native file format (DXF must be imported) but
double clicking a DXF file now fires up CK not Bobcad. You can ding
BGates&Co. for this "trojan", not Bobcad.

IMService 2004-02-22 11:05:03 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? stevenson_engineers 2004-02-22 22:00:33 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? carbonsteelsam 2004-02-23 21:52:51 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Anderson 2004-02-23 22:38:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? wayne_j_hill 2004-02-23 22:50:53 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Elson 2004-02-24 09:04:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? bsjoelund 2004-02-24 12:33:07 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Fred Smith 2004-02-24 13:28:02 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?