CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?

carbonsteelsam wrote:

>Some time ago I looked at the BOBCAD free trial software and went no
>further with it. Now, every time I create a .dxf file to load into a
>cnc converter or just create a .dxf file from my Solidworks program
>it automatically gets tagged with a BobCad file extension which my
>other programs can't recognize. I can't believe that a CAD/CAM
>company would in effect create a virus. Does anyone know how to get
>rid of this annoying and debilitating Trojan horse?

This is not a virus, it is a result of the stupid way Windows handles
association of files with programs. Any time you install a new piece
of software that uses the same extension (such as .dxf) as a previously
installed program, it alters these associations. You can use Windows
Explorer to access the file association like this :

Find a .dxf file and single click it, then click the File menu and click
on properties. It will show what program is currently associated with
that file type, but also has a Change button that allows you to select the
program you want to be used. You can also just reinstall the entire
program to reset all these associations.

IMService 2004-02-22 11:05:03 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? stevenson_engineers 2004-02-22 22:00:33 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? carbonsteelsam 2004-02-23 21:52:51 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Anderson 2004-02-23 22:38:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? wayne_j_hill 2004-02-23 22:50:53 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Jon Elson 2004-02-24 09:04:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? bsjoelund 2004-02-24 12:33:07 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software? Fred Smith 2004-02-24 13:28:02 UTC Try Vector instead, was Re: Has anybody tried BobCad software?