CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: OT Stepper motor for control pumping

on 2005-02-21 18:47:00 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "callcbmf" <callcbm@d...>
wrote:

> I looking for away to hook a stepper motor to a Air or hyd cylinder
> and move the piston to calibrate the discharge. What I'm doing is
> filling jars with different oz of grease that I make. I need to
> dispense 1 oz at a time or 1/4 at a time. I would like to make this
> stand alone system not using a pc this has to be done cheap. As the
> grease sell then I can afford bigger equipment. But all I have to
do
> is make the stepper turn incremental amount. the cylinder will push
> the product. But I have to able to change the amount it will turn
> change the fill volume. And need to activate a lift cylinder to aid
> in the filling.
> Thanks
> Hope in the realm of the group

A possibility is to use a leadscrew and piston.

fill the piston with the grease and each rotation of the screw = "X"
units of volume.

if you are doing this with a manual push button, then it may be as
simple as an end switch on each rotation (CAM), then a manual
momentary to initiate movement (bypass switch) and the pulse
generator runs until it hits the next switch closer.

If one revolution = "X" volume, then you might use a BasicStamp2 and
a few switches.

switch 1 = 1 unit, switch 2 = 2 units and so on.

then the sortware in the Stamp will output the desired number of
pulses for the switch pressed.

Dave

Dave

Discussion Thread

callcbmf 2005-02-21 15:07:16 UTC OT Stepper motor for control pumping R Rogers 2005-02-21 15:24:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT Stepper motor for control pumping Alan Marconett 2005-02-21 15:39:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT Stepper motor for control pumping alex 2005-02-21 16:09:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT Stepper motor for control pumping turbulatordude 2005-02-21 18:47:00 UTC Re: OT Stepper motor for control pumping bobmcknight@c... 2005-02-22 11:10:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT Stepper motor for control pumping Graham Stabler 2005-02-22 11:21:04 UTC Re: OT Stepper motor for control pumping bobmcknight@c... 2005-02-22 17:19:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT Stepper motor for control pumping