CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Converter Trouble

Posted by Polaraligned
on 2005-05-21 04:31:57 UTC
Thanks Stan,
I am trying to do the self starting converter as shown here:
http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/ph-conv/fig7.html
It shows no start capacitors just 25 to 30 uF per HP run
caps. According to the text, it will start by itself without
any additional start circuit. And yes, just throwing 120uF
between L1 and L3 instantly started my bridgeport 2HP, so the
circuit DOES work,it just won't get the 5 HP going. Maybe I need a
higher capacitance,but I am using the values the text recommends.
I am trying to do this dirt cheap as it is only a temporary setup.
I have already spent $80 on these run capacitors and really don't
want to buy another. A start cap in the size you recommend is $10, so
maybe I will try it. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "STAN MCDONALD"
<SMCDONAL@K...> wrote:
> put another cap from L1 to L3 of 300uf and click it in just to get
the motor
> up to speed and it will work.
> Regards

THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Polaraligned 2005-05-20 16:45:35 UTC Converter Trouble STAN MCDONALD 2005-05-20 17:50:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Converter Trouble Polaraligned 2005-05-21 04:31:57 UTC Re: Converter Trouble Ed Fanta 2005-05-21 06:02:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Converter Trouble Ron Kline 2005-05-21 07:46:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Converter Trouble Irby Jones 2005-05-21 08:59:41 UTC Re: Converter Trouble David Paulson 2005-05-21 09:23:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Converter Trouble STAN MCDONALD 2005-05-21 13:44:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Converter Trouble Polaraligned 2005-05-22 03:47:40 UTC Re: Converter Trouble