CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Converting a rotary table

on 2005-07-31 16:43:28 UTC
Ok, thanks. I had to "wiggle" the worm assembly out. By the way, is there
a preferred/suggested gear lubricant that's better suited for these
motorized applications? Also, would denatured alcohol, mineral spirits, or
something completely different be recommended for cleaning these things?

Andrey

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cutsgems
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:54 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Converting a rotary table

There are two setscrews on the side of the table. One allows you to
rotate the worm assy and adjust the backlash or disengage the worm.
the other retains the entire worm assy. Loosen both setscrews and the
worm assy. will pull free of the table. On the bottom there is a
large ring with a compression lock scheme. You loosen the locking
Screw then remove the ring and the table will come out of the base
casting.

My replacement table should be here today or tomorrow and I'll have
to disassemble it for cleaning. I'll photo document the proceedure
and post it to a website along with my mounting setup.

--C

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Lipavsky"

wanliker@a...,
> > timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> > [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> reach it if
> > you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> be a
> > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
> there, for OT
> > subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING
> THEM.
> > DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> timg@k...
> Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.

be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links