CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: um, is the (Chinese scale) dro acting wierd?

Posted by fignoggle
on 2005-08-19 20:26:01 UTC
ok, it happened today again (a few times). someone had mentioned about
taking a look at the scale readout as well. and sure enough, they've both
skipped. guess this _IS_ the scale.

another thing. i actually saw the y axis readout skip the .200" inch when
i turned the speed knob on. it happened once this way. (btw, it also
jumped by .100" too at some time)

then, i noticed that the z axis also did the same!

and the x axis too. unless i read the cad drawing wrong, when i went to
counterbore, i noticed that is wasn't centered (it was off by less than
.100" but still problematic.). i had to go back and reset the x to do this
and redrill the hole (now it's oblong)

so, what do i do? how do i shield the cable? and is this each cable from
each other? i assume that the scales are grounded since they are mounted
to the base.

--

here's the hf mini mill dro/cnc mod!
<http://www.fignoggle.com/~fignoggle/hFCn66Ghejx8Jwia3Kl32ReQ/themachine/>

Discussion Thread

fignoggle 2005-08-18 09:38:20 UTC um, is the dro acting wierd? klauszietlow 2005-08-18 14:15:39 UTC Re: um, is the (Chinese scale) dro acting wierd? Jon Elson 2005-08-18 19:40:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] um, is the dro acting wierd? fignoggle 2005-08-18 19:41:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: um, is the (Chinese scale) dro acting wierd? fignoggle 2005-08-19 20:26:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: um, is the (Chinese scale) dro acting wierd? Stephen Wille Padnos 2005-08-19 22:37:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: um, is the (Chinese scale) dro acting wierd? fignoggle 2005-08-19 22:45:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: um, is the (Chinese scale) dro acting wierd? Jon Elson 2005-08-20 11:16:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: um, is the (Chinese scale) dro acting wierd?