CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please

Posted by Chris Paine
on 2000-07-08 19:35:40 UTC
-----Original Message-----
From: John Stevenson <john@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Date: 20 June 2000 13:30
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please

>I am currently looking at a simple 2 axis position and drill application.
>Two axis are need to position and the drill cycle is taken care of by a
>linear operated air drill which just requires a trigger signal plus a
>return signal at the end of the drill stroke before moving again.
>There are a lot of simple programs out there that use the parallel port
>which seems OK for my use. To try some of these out I need to actually move
>a couple of steppers.
>I have been told that I can use an old hard drive for the stepper and
>driver.
>can anyone advise on pin connections for this. EDITED....
At long last I found my box of bits connected up ..turning the drive
upside down, there are one or 2 connections then a gap in the board then the
seventh from the gap is the direction input (needs a 1k pullup resistor to
5v to work from the printer port) then the next one (8th from gap)is step
input also needs a 1k pullup resistor. It also needs the 5th from the gap
connected to ground ( anywhere on other side)I think it is drive select. If
it doesnt work check port settings (software matches hardwear) and the
jumper for drive 0 or drive 1. I found out the lead connections by spreading
out the leads of a chopped off printer lead taping to bits of card board
then "moving an axis"wile going over the leads with a meter
These connections were on a 5 1/4" floppy drive but may work on a hard disk
(mfm type)
Better late than never

Chris Paine

Discussion Thread

Dan Mauch 2000-06-20 07:02:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please Bob Campbell 2000-06-20 09:18:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please Robert 2000-06-20 13:43:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please Doug Fortune 2000-06-20 19:18:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please Robert 2000-06-21 02:08:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please wanliker@a... 2000-06-22 12:51:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please Chris Paine 2000-07-08 19:35:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help on stepper drivers and programs - please