CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's

Posted by H & J Johnson
on 2006-11-29 06:52:31 UTC
Darren, well come on up! :-) I'm almost straight north of you, just over the boarder by 20-30 miles... [ About 4-5 hrs from you probably] You could put 50 miles on your self in 1 hour right now... just point it in any direction and pin it.. :-)

My Machine is 20' x 10' w/ a 4' Z axis. We've got a mobile control box on our lathe at work and man is that sweet, you can pull it out of the way when loading something into the machine or move way down to the other end when setting the live center on something long.. it has a pendant as well but the combination of the two options sure makes it nice.

Jarrett

----- Original Message -----
From: Darren Lucke <oneluckeboy@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:51 am
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's

> Jarrett,
> Biggest problem for me I was using an old plasma w/
> old technology - working beautiful now with new
> machine.
>
> I've got my enclosure stationary and fixed - with
> separate alum boards pressed and isolated from each
> other using nylon bolts. A 5'x10' Table - what
> exactly are you building that you need a mobile
> enclosure - I would think you might be better off w/
> pendant with wiring becoming long and possible
> connection problems?
>
> Darren Lucke (nope, could use 4' drift in my driveway
> - only put 50 miles on sled last year - where ya at?)
>

> --- H & J Johnson <hjjohnson@...> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for taking the time Darren, I hope I'll have
> > it even easier than yourself due to no plasma cutter
> > supply adding noise. I'm not sure if a VFD is worse
> > or better, but time will tell. I plan to mount the
> > box on the side of my machine on a rail so I can
> > position it anywhere down the length of the unit,
> > that way I don't need a huge/long pendant cord or
> > have to walk to the opposite end of the machine to
> > do some little tweak or program start etc..
> >
> > Jarrett
> > [Btw, you get all this snow down in ND? I woke to a
> > 4ft drift in my driveway this am.]

Discussion Thread

Jarrett & Heidi Johnson 2006-11-28 17:24:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's Darren Lucke 2006-11-28 22:59:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's H & J Johnson 2006-11-29 05:36:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's Mark Vaughan 2006-11-29 05:54:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's Darren Lucke 2006-11-29 06:00:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's H & J Johnson 2006-11-29 06:52:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's H & J Johnson 2006-11-29 07:03:26 UTC Re: RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's Darren Lucke 2006-11-29 07:19:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supply Box's caudlet 2006-12-02 07:11:22 UTC Re: Power Supply Box's Jarrett & Heidi Johnson 2006-12-02 16:31:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Power Supply Box's Paul Alciatore 2006-12-06 20:19:31 UTC Re: Power Supply Box's Jarrett & Heidi Johnson 2006-12-06 20:49:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Power Supply Box's Seiman H 2006-12-09 11:20:37 UTC Looking for rack & pinion supplier Jarrett & Heidi Johnson 2006-12-09 13:07:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for rack & pinion supplier Seiman H 2006-12-10 14:01:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for rack & pinion supplier