CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probes

Posted by Michael Fagan
on 2010-01-17 20:21:27 UTC
Ah, got it. I've never written a macro since we get all those from Renishaw
through Haas, but good to know.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:10, Will Holding <76lancia@...> wrote:

> It's actually on break technically (electrically) since the Renishaw design
>
> is a normally closed cicuit. It 'breaks" when the probe comes into contact
> with the work and lifts one of the three radial posts inside the probe from
>
> its pair of of ball bearings it rests on.
>
> The reason I bring it up is not to be a pedantic boner, but because you
> have
> to configure your CNC program the correct way so you don't crash your
> probe,
> which is kind of important..
>
> An electronic edge finder converted to a probe, etc. will be normally open-
>
> so must be configured the opposite way in your CNC control.
>
> -Will

Roland Jollivet 2010-01-13 12:53:36 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probes Michael Fagan 2010-01-13 16:53:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probes Will Holding 2010-01-15 02:31:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probes Roland Jollivet 2010-01-15 02:31:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probes Michael Fagan 2010-01-15 08:57:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probes Will Holding 2010-01-17 20:19:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probes Michael Fagan 2010-01-17 20:21:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Probes