CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline

on 2000-08-15 07:02:23 UTC
Dan,

Check the metalworking.com dropbox, there is a picture of a tool to
remove these encoder disks. Essentially you are looking at a couple
of slotted wedges, long and thin which are placed under the encoder
disk and pushed together to lift the disk off of the shaft with no
damage. Slot them just wide enough to fit over the shaft. I have a
set of these and they work like a champ to remove the encoder disks
with no damage.

John Guenther

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, djr@n... wrote:
> I purchased some of the smaller 400 lines per rev servos from
Goldmine. I also have several nice servo motors that I picked up from
> a local liquidation store. These servo motors are made by Japan
Servo and I have measured 2000 RPM, 24v, 1.5A no load. As I rotate
> the shaft with a ohmmeter connected to the terminals I see 4 ohm
coils... and quite a few of them! I would think this would all
> mean about 6 amps, 150 watts at stall so the motor is rated at
somewhere between 0 and 150 watts. I don't know if this all means
> my motor will work with my sherline or not, but I am going to try it
with a 2:1 reduction.

> I want to remove the small 400 line encoder disks and optical sensor
from the small goldmine motor and use them on my larger motor
> with gecko servo drives. I have already ruined one encoder disk
because the darn thing is glued to the motor shaft on the goldmine
> motor. It looks like some sort of blue "electronics" glue you often
see on PC boards. Has anyone sucessfully opened these goldmine
> motors up and remove the encoder disk? The disk itself is very
thin and very fragile.

> If I cannot get the encoders off the small motors and onto my larger
servo motors can someone suggest where I can purchase an
> inexpensive quadrature encoder that can accept a 1/4" shaft?
>
> Thanks
> - Dan
>
> "John D. Guenther" wrote:
>
> > It depends on which ones you ordered. The ones with the larger
> > encoder are 1000 lines per rev and the smaller ones are 400 lines
per
> > rev. Both hav quadrature encoders so you are looking at either
4000
> > lines per rev or 1600 lines per rev.
> >
> > John Guenther
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, john@m... wrote:
> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Ron Ginger <ginger@s...>
> > > modules,
> > > grab the
> > with

> > may
> > > >
> > > Ron,
> > > I believe these are 400 counts per rev.
> > > Can't say for sure as I have ordered 6 of these on the 21st of
July
> > > and according to Goldmines tracking system they are still
> > > unfullfilled tonight, doesn't look promising.
> >

> > Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@e...,an unmoderated list for the
> >
> > Addresses:
> > Post message: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@egroups.com
> > Moderator: jmelson@a... [Moderator]
> > URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> > bill,
> > List Manager
>
> --
> Daniel Rubin, (614) 457-5919 - Web Site Hosting
> President, Newcoast Communications, Inc. - Email Services
> - Intranet Design
> djr@n... http://www.newcoast.com and Integration

Discussion Thread

wanliker@a... 2000-08-07 13:54:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline John D. Guenther 2000-08-07 14:01:15 UTC Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline Tim Goldstein 2000-08-07 16:02:09 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline James Owens 2000-08-07 17:34:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline djr@n... 2000-08-14 21:55:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline Ron Ginger 2000-08-15 05:14:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline John D. Guenther 2000-08-15 07:02:23 UTC Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline John D. Guenther 2000-08-15 07:05:34 UTC Re: Goldmine servos and Sherline