CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Lathe Software question

on 2000-10-12 16:52:28 UTC
Hi Carey.

No I was not kidding, but I was not thinking in terms of the sort of mains
borne hash either. Rather in terms that when you get his sort of
problems often the the interference can be coming from within the system
itself, ie pulses other than the intended ones from for instance the
computer itself. I spent a week chasing a fault (intermittent - the best
sort!) in a mainframe, which was due to 200 MHz. pulses appearing on a
nominally bonded and grounded point in the circuitry, which was not done
properly. That one was a lulu - it even occasionally generated a system
reset pulse and restarted the system as at switch on in mid flight.

Jim Gregg.