CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: info needed

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2000-12-20 13:39:40 UTC
>Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:39:45 -0000
> From: "William Copley" <vmachinist@...>
>Subject: info needed

>?Does anyone know of any software available For turning that can
>figure a rough turn cycle in steps for a machine that does not have a
>rough canned cycle? something that all you have to do is input
>Dimensions like lqc2000 AKA lathe quick code 2000
>Bill

William, IMService is the original distributor of LQC2000. Most of the features that were added in the last release were at our request, including the conversion to PowerBasic, which made the program about 1/4 the size of before.

LQC2000 was designed to work with Bobcad & Vectorcam. Vector cam is the best solution for the development of lathe roughing passes for a control that does not support them. You draw the finish part as a connected chain of arcs and lines, then Vector calculates multiple roughing passes based on your defined tool geometry and the size of stepover you desire. It also calculates a finish pass that can compensate for the tool nose radius and orientation. The roughing passes in Vector follow the correct contour between passes, something that some of the expensive commercial controllers don't allow for, instead they require a semifinish pass to remove the steps before finishing. Vector also uses arcs within the roughing passes, something that I tried unsuccessfully for years to have added to Bobcad 17. Bobcad 16 does not support lathe roughing.

We are having a special through Friday for listserve members. This is at least 10% less than any other advertised specials. if you miss the deadline of this Friday, we have also posted a special on rec.crafts.metalworking and alt.machines.cnc that ends on December 30. Our Vector program includes Lathe, Mill, and 4 axis Wire EDM, all three in the same program at no extra cost.

A little update on my previous rumor mongering about Windows based controllers, check out the demo at http://www.deskam.com

I also today received a newsletter from Centriforce in the Netherlands. It seems that some requests for additional pocketing capabilities will be available within the next month or so for Vector. New features include multiple depth pocketing(submerged islands), Contoured wall pocketing with waterline strategies, and a combined ability to develop varied depth & sidewalls. Other new features include program id-text info contained in the drawing & viewable at file open & Save. Unlimited drawing and NC edit size. This will be called version 9.0. We will post info and some pictures on our web site over the weekend.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService
Listserve Special discounts and offers are at: http://209.69.202.197/cadcamedmdro.html

imserv@... Voice:248-486-3600 or 800-386-1670 Fax: 248-486-3698

Discussion Thread

William Copley 2000-12-20 06:39:49 UTC info needed Smoke 2000-12-20 07:04:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] info needed William Copley 2000-12-20 07:16:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] info needed Smoke 2000-12-20 07:25:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] info needed Fred Smith 2000-12-20 13:39:40 UTC Re: info needed