CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA

blueveil@... wrote:

> > Do you really have the full system? Does the 'pendant' have
> the
> > entire CNC control and servo amps, or is it just the CPU and
> display,
> > or just the display?
> >
> > Without the servo amps and power supply, you may have to
> buy these,
> > and hope they are compatible with the control.
> >
> > Jon
>
> Jon, Thanks for responding. I have 3 motors, a pendant, a giant
> black box with 3 driver boards and power supply inside, quick n
> easy cam software with dongle and programmable disk
> software for the pc, pendant dongle, two user manuals, and
> misc utility disks for ibm pc. I don't have the original display, but I
> think it was just a 386/486 computer running dos mounted on a
> stand.
> I can't find to much info on these guys on the web. I am going to
> see if the motors run first, taking it step by step. It looks like it
> was just rebuilt or is new, very clean. Are you familiar with this
> system?

Besides the "big guys" like Allen-Bradley, Fanuc, Siemens, etc.
who sold $50,000 to $250,000 CNC controls, there were a bunch of
smaller outfits, like Bandit, Acro and such. many of them are out of
business, a few were good enough that they were bought out by one
of the big boys, just to get their product off the market. Unfortunately,
that means that parts, manuals, etc. for these units are anywhere from
hard to come by to absolutely impossible.

OK, so it sounds like this was a provide your own PC, and hook it to the
control box. You'd better check if there is some special interface board
that went in the PC. If you need that and don't have it, you could have a big
mess. If the servo amps are relatively standard, you could replace the
control with EMC or one of the others that handles servos, and keep the
servo amps.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but it is best to find out if there is something
major missing before you go too far with it.

blueveil@e... 2001-05-17 12:38:32 UTC servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Jon Elson 2001-05-17 14:15:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Graeme Murray 2001-05-17 15:49:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo products co. of Pasadena, CA blueveil@e... 2001-05-17 15:52:21 UTC Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Jon Anderson 2001-05-17 16:45:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Jon Elson 2001-05-17 22:18:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Graeme Murray 2001-05-18 01:18:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Jon Elson 2001-05-18 09:52:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA