CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA

Graeme Murray wrote:

> Hi again Ed
> No, there is no special card in the computer. I have enquired from Servo
> regarding upgrading from a 486 (which mine has ) to a P133 Compac and have
> been told the only thing is to ensure I have a 9 bit addressing scheme in
> the serial port.
> I am assured by the Computer tech in charge where I work that this is no
> problem and he is organising a serial card for me.
>
> This is what Servo told me.
> " Be aware that some serial ports on the PC's have a problem with our
> software, some are too slow to work properly. We use a 9 bit addressing
> scheme which is non standard. All UMC uarts and National 16450 style uarts
> seem to work ok. Winbond uarts seem to have at least intermittant problems
> if they work at all and of course the older 8250 uarts do not work."

OK, you are lucky. Over the past few years, I've heard too many horror stories
about CNC machines that were missing the PC, and that there was a proprietary
card in that PC that can no longer be obtained, due to the company being out of
business, or the model no longer supported.

> The motors only have 3 windings and a large encoder disc with two optical
> sensors and a small data transmission board , one of these sensors was
> causing one of my problems when I bought the machine . It is a HEDS 9000
> sensor as has been referred to several times in these posts . I replaced
> this and did the setup with an led jig I made up to Servo's instructions and
> finally had the z-axis working .

Ah, very good.

blueveil@e... 2001-05-17 12:38:32 UTC servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Jon Elson 2001-05-17 14:15:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Graeme Murray 2001-05-17 15:49:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo products co. of Pasadena, CA blueveil@e... 2001-05-17 15:52:21 UTC Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Jon Anderson 2001-05-17 16:45:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Jon Elson 2001-05-17 22:18:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Graeme Murray 2001-05-18 01:18:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA Jon Elson 2001-05-18 09:52:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo products co. of Pasadena, CA