CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions

Posted by Dale Smith
on 2001-10-15 18:36:51 UTC
OK, Dan, Here's my two cents worth:

If you run in a DOS window, Windows 95 controls the printer.

If you "Restart in DOS Mode" Windows still controls the printer and the
printer port will not work.

If you boot to DOS everything should be OK.

Get an old DOS 6.22 boot disk somewhere and boot from a floppy. Compare the
file size on the 6.22 command com and the one on your hard drive. If the
size and creation date are the same, you should be OK.

If not, SYS your 6.22 system files to the hard drive UNLESS it is a FAT 32
file system. Most weren't in the earlier versions of Winderz 95. If the hard
drive is < 540 mb, it probably isn't FAT 32. Fdisk will tell you for sure.
just run it from DOS and select view partitions.

Once a good DOS is installed, edit your MS-DOS.SYS file to read "Boot GUI-0"
instead of "Boot GUI-1"
This will allow you to choose Win-95 or DOS at boot. Use notepad in Windows
to do the edit. You may have to right-click the filename and change the
properties before you can save the changes.

Win95 went through several generations in a fairly short time. Some of the
earlier versions did Weeerd things.
If the system general panel (in Control Panel) shows the version as 950B,
950 C or OSR-2 then, Never Mind (probably) OSR-2 has the least significance
between these three. It can be installed without some of the earlier patches
which ARE included in the 950 versions.

If your system crashes, my Name is James A. Boozle and I live in a grass hut
just 396 Km up the Amazon from Chucka Puka. Take the third tributary on the
right. Grass hut, white shutters, can't miss it. :o)

Windows
> > and restart in DOS mode then the TurboCNC program acts just like it is
> > working except the stepper motors do not move.
> >
> > The configuration file is the same as when it was running from a Dos
shell
> > under Windows.
> >
> > Any ideas why this would happen?? What should I look for?
> >
> > I am not a Dos/Windows expert in any way, shape, or form so use small
> words,
> > ;-)
> >
> > Thank you for any help,
> >
> > Daniel J. Statman, Statman Designs
> > www.statmandesigns.com

Discussion Thread

Dan Statman 2001-10-15 14:35:50 UTC TurboCNC and general computer questions David Goodfellow 2001-10-15 15:46:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions Craig Chamberlin 2001-10-15 16:30:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions David Goodfellow 2001-10-15 16:40:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions shymu@b... 2001-10-15 16:41:22 UTC Re: TurboCNC and general computer questions shymu@b... 2001-10-15 17:06:11 UTC Re: TurboCNC and general computer questions Craig Chamberlin 2001-10-15 17:15:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions Dan Statman 2001-10-15 17:30:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions shymu@b... 2001-10-15 17:48:13 UTC Re: TurboCNC and general computer questions shymu@b... 2001-10-15 17:59:14 UTC Re: TurboCNC and general computer questions Art Fenerty 2001-10-15 18:06:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions Dale Smith 2001-10-15 18:36:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-10-15 19:37:52 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions