CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TurboCNC and general computer questions

on 2001-10-15 19:37:52 UTC
Dan:

If you're running Windows '95, you might want to edit your MSDOS.SYS file
and direct that the system simply boot up DOS without any part of windows.

MSDOS.SYS is a system file which is hidden, so first use the attrib command
to make it visible

Click on the start button
Select Programs->MSDOS prompt
Then at the prompt type:
C:>attrib msdos.sys -r -s -h <EnterKey>

This makes MSDOS.SYS visible. Now, edit MSDOS.SYS with any good text editor
(or even Notepad)

In the "Options" section, either set the following items, or add them:

BootMulti=1
BootGUI=0

Then reboot the system. You will now have unadulterated DOS. No Windows at
all. Try running TurboCNC in that environment. It should work properly.

-- Jerry Jankura
Strongsville, Ohio
So many toys, so little time....

List Manager