CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCMIA Card and Socket Services Software

on 2001-11-06 15:35:00 UTC
Hi Dave,

Sounds like the Taig might be 4-phase drive (unipolar). Takes a few
more pins! Yeah, you might consider just swapping with the 'Y' axis or
whatever. That's what I've been doing with the 4-phase MaxNC stuff.

The PCMCIA driver is going to be a little rough. .ASM code, and either
a TSR or a "real" device driver. Too much work, IMO.

If you ask O2 Micro, they MIGHT have a DOS driver.

Alan KM6VV

David Goodfellow wrote:

> You're way over my head, Alan. (Who isn't?) I'm running a Taig CNC
> micromill package. The manual says a second parallel port is required to
> run the rotary table. I can't imagine a situation in which I would be
> using all three axes PLUS the rotary table, so probably I could make do on a
> project by settng one axis where I need it and then plugging the rotary
> table into its controller -- say, put the Z axis where I need it to cut
> gears, and then use the Z axis controller to run the rotary table. But I
> hate work-arounds -- especially when the system is basically capable of
> doing the job.
>
> I used to program in Basic years ago, but pretty simple stuff. I suspect
> programming this would be way out of my league.
>
> Thanks, Alan.

Discussion Thread

David Goodfellow 2001-11-06 11:59:08 UTC PCMIA Card and Socket Services Software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-11-06 12:49:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCMIA Card and Socket Services Software David Goodfellow 2001-11-06 13:01:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCMIA Card and Socket Services Software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-11-06 13:30:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCMIA Card and Socket Services Software David Goodfellow 2001-11-06 13:57:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCMIA Card and Socket Services Software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-11-06 15:35:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PCMIA Card and Socket Services Software ballendo@y... 2001-11-06 17:06:00 UTC Taig Software was Re: PCMIA Card and SS Software David Goodfellow 2001-11-06 21:29:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Taig Software was Re: PCMIA Card and SS Software