CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: More DRO questions..

Posted by rfs@c...
on 2001-11-11 21:00:19 UTC
The mag. tape that I saw was mounted to a metal bar and the sensor was then allowed to run up and down the bar to demo the readout. The catalog states "For mounting the band is simply glued to the machine base and mechanically protected by a stainless steel cover strip." "...the system is very robust, even under extreme environmental conditions, eg. when contaminated by dust, shavings, or liquids." "...insensitive to humidity, liquids, and oil." The mfg'r does offer protective rails for a variety of app's. rfs.