CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Subject: Re: Re: flashcut 9000 series mill - Question from Marcus

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-03-18 20:46:30 UTC
Well,
Isn't this interesting !

I was at the Chicago Show today and spoke at Length with both Rick and Ron from FlashCut. Indeed the the "Grizzly" based machines are heavily reworked in order to bring them "Up to Speed" for the targeted Market. Now that everyone knows that Roland is the man behind those machines, it should put to rest the question as to whether they are good enough to demand the money !

I feel confident that a properly reworked Import, coupled with really good service and tech support will indeed allow the 9000 series to demand the prices we have seen listed in this group.

On display too, was the 8000 series Moving Gantry Machines. Looks like some very good equipment. FlashCut has coupled themselves to a German Company who builds the hardware. It appears some "enhanced" Isel components are used in its construction, with many stronger more durable components to back them up. 3 sizes of this machine are available, 12" X 16" X 4" - 12" X 24" X 4" - 21" X 39" X 6". The small one sells for around $8k with 8 amp, 100watt Servo drives. All in all, a bargain considering it includes a Control package that works out of the box without fiddling with it.

Additionally, I caught a really good Glimpse of FlashCut V2. It appears very close to being marketed. Rick indicated that anyone who purchases the 16 bit version now will be able to get the new version as a free upgrade. Version 2 will retain some tight familiarity to the 16 bit version just to keep previous users and those who may end up with both versions comfortable. However, The new version has also been built up in a "layered" manner whereas eventually, source code will be available for those of you who want to create your own VB GUI or ultimately "tie in" an existing application to the controller.

I saw numerous variables and custom settings so that it can be adapted to just about any machine application you could think of. And, those of you who miss Radius Comp. will do so no longer !

Rick did indicate though that the first release will be "cut back" just a hair in order to make sure all goes well, even though the control will have been tested by their qualified Beta testers. Then, V2.1 will release yet additional items that In many cases I have never seen in a control before.

Looks like They will have a very good line of products under the control of a very good software.

Just reporting what I saw and Heard..............

Chris L