CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Matching Microsteps to moters

on 2002-04-02 06:49:33 UTC
Hi, Dale:

Although I'm not the expert that Mariss and the others are, I've worked with
Compumotors a few years back. I was told that the motor's basic step rate is
the same 200 step per rev that many of the others are, but that the motors
are manufactured to close tolerances and matched to the controller.

Regarding your X language controllers? Does Compumotor make a similar
motor/controller that uses step and direction? If so, you might be able to
swap the EProms in your driver for EProms from a Step/Direction drive. We
once worked with our local Compumotor rep to get EProms to change an RS-232
interface controller to Step/Dir. It might work for you.

-- Jerry