CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pardon my dust

Raymond Heckert wrote:

> At least, think of your neighbors. The dust may ruin clothing, food, or do
> damage to the seven-layer paint job he just put on his car, not to mention
> the safety of the neighborhood kiddies. Don't forget, we're not just
> talking about dust from phenolic or fiber-glass boards; You're generating
> thousands, perhaps millions of tiny copper slivvers, too! Please don't give
> HSM's a bad reputation by disregarding safety for the sake of others. If
> you can't do it right, then don't do it at all.

Oh, for gosh sakes! I think you are overreacting! This is not a horrible,
persistent, noxious invisible poison that will be tracked around the neighborhood
untill the EPA arrives in the moon suits.

If I did PC board milling, drilling and routing on a daily basis, I would take
dust control measures much more seriously. But, I only do a few a year,
and then clean up with a shop vac. It does make a white, fluffy mess on
the machine table, and you can just detect a hint of it on the floor, but
it doesn't fill the house with dust, or get into every pore in the place, and
slowly sneak back out months later. It is NOT going to destroy the
finish on your neighbor's car, unless you are doing it in HIS garage,
next to the car!

Raymond Heckert 2002-04-16 17:01:07 UTC Re: Pardon my dust Jon Elson 2002-04-16 23:05:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pardon my dust ballendo 2002-04-17 02:52:21 UTC Re: Pardon my dust dave_ace_me 2002-04-17 07:59:53 UTC Re: Pardon my dust (collection) Jon Elson 2002-04-17 21:51:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pardon my dust Raymond Heckert 2002-04-18 09:51:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pardon my dust ballendo 2002-04-19 06:33:14 UTC Re: Pardon my dust (collection)