CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: TurboCAM ? Autosketch....?

Posted by RC
on 2002-05-28 12:24:43 UTC
Chris... I too have A-Sketch 7, but still prefer 6, and it does show where
the snap points are you just need to make sure that the option is engaged,
and I use the keyboard to select the which snap point I want, I also use
(relative) rather than (absolute), very fast way for drawing. Another
feature I like, for example, drawing a line, just "sketch" it and then plug
in the values for length, degree.. ect..

Not sure what Sinsiva plug in is, but if helps, I would like to try it...

RC
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris L <datac@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: TurboCAM ? Autosketch....?

> I settled in much better with Version 7 of sketch thanks the the "auto
snap points" V6 did not have.

> I spent some time at the shop with AutoCadLt and had no use for its
methods. That's because I spent much more time in Ashlars old "drawing
Board" version simply because it was hands down faster and
> more intuative to use than A-CadLt. To this day I would love to buy a
newer version of Ashlar Vellum becuase It probably still outdoes the rest.

> Back then however, I needed a database in my Cad program, ( which "Drawing
Board" did not have) I did a little searching. At the time, TurboCad was on
the edge of going belly up and I really did
> not like drawing with the free version. Then a proffessor at a college
gave me a full copy of version 4 and I *really* concluded I did not like it.

> I looked at lots of stuff. I did not really need anything 3d. Then I found
AutoSketch V6, right before V7 came out. I liked it except for a few
trinkets that I became so used to from the Ashlar
> Product (like autosnaps - still looking foraward to autoOrtho). Then V7
came out WITH them (a-snaps) and I was hooked. It really is quite incredible
for the money.

> That is probably why Autodesk seems to leave it simmer instead of
improving it. They released V8 by putting it in a fancy new box, Eliminating
the Manuals, and *Raising the Price* without addressing
> any of the real improvements that people were suggesting in the Sketch
Newsgroup.
> It pretty much ticked me off..... But, I will admit, too many
improvements, and LT would be no longer used or the price of Sketch would
sky rocket.

> I am still using Sketch coupled to Sensiva ( a right mouse slide macro
software) which makes it darn near unbeatable. I was able to modify some of
my floorplan drawings in front of the fellows who
> were putting in our phone system. They both are long time A-CadLt users.
They just stood in amazement as they could not believe how much faster I
could get things done compared to what they are used
> to with Lt. Of course most of the credit here goes to Sensiva, which will
work for anything from running a CNC Controller to writing letters to
grandma. Anyone needing a Sensiva Plugin for Sketch,
> give a shout. ( I use the older more stable and also free version of
Sensiva v2.01)

> So, I have been curious about TurboCad lately. I suppose I should just buy
the $99 version and see how it is. I imagine it has come a long way since
they reorganized.

> Has anyone switched from A-Sketch to TurboCad ?? Comments ??
Recommendations ??

> I have a hunch AutoSketch is "stalled" and won't be going much
farther......

> Chris L
>
> RC wrote:
>
> > I agree that would be very nice, since in my opinion, Autosketch version
6,
> > in better than the more expensive Autocad programs! I have been using
> > Autosketch since it has started, and just think it's the greatest 2d cad
> > program...... does anyone else experience this cad program, and what do
you
> > think of it?

> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
you have trouble.