CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Video cards

Posted by Country Bubba
on 2002-06-13 12:58:53 UTC
Marcus,
I also have a POS SIS video on my computer and it is built into the
motherboard:-{(

Having said that, it gets worse; in my case, there is NO jumper to disable
the video and it is SUPPOSED to disable when you put in a new video card. I
have been messing with mine as I have other problems due to video and would
like to get rid of the SIS. After several attempts, I still held my mouth
just right (or said the appropriate words) to get the SIS turned off!
Another problem we both have is that win98 will accept multiple monitors
and I think that is where the problem lies! Trying to get updated SIS
drivers is also a PITA and I have not been successful at that either.

You are supposed to be able to simply put a new video card in one of the
slots that you have available (obviously with the computer powered down),
connect your monitor to that; power up and with winblows it SHOULD
recognize the hardware and either look for the appropriate driver or let
you tell it that you have it on disk.

Good luck and let us know how well it works.

At 08:13 AM 6/13/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all:
> I need help and advice on a computer related question.
>My box is a Pentium 3 with a built in SIS video chip, that I'm told is
>making a hash of my Solidworks program.
>Is it possible to retrofit an aftermarket video board to a machine like
>this?
>How would I find out easily whether it's possible or not.
>I assume I'd have to look in the box for a slot to plug the board into.
>What would it look like?
>Can I just trace back from the monitor connector and assume that the closest
>slot is the video board slot, or are there other better ways to tell?
>Is it a real pain to get one of these machines to accept the new hardware?
>I'm running Win98 SE.
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>Cheers
>
>Marcus

Bubba

OLDER THAN DIRT
Country Bubba
(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)

axtein@...
LaGrange, GA

Marcus & Eva 2002-06-13 08:07:58 UTC Re: Video cards Mel Williams 2002-06-13 08:46:48 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Video cards Country Bubba 2002-06-13 12:58:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Video cards art 2002-06-13 14:04:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Video cards John Brautlacht 2002-06-13 15:01:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Video cards jim davies 2002-06-13 15:51:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Video cards Marcus & Eva 2002-06-13 18:47:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Video cards Jon Elson 2002-06-13 22:43:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Video cards