CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2002-12-10 22:55:15 UTC
Yo Jan;

The next time you make one of these, you might try something a friend advised me
to do on the ways. It might just be the berries for your z axis. He said to
spread a very fine abrasive suspended in oil on the ways, and run them from end
to end numerous times, adjusting the gibs, and adding more abrasive/oil, until
the travel became glass smooth from end to end. Clean it all off, and replace
with just way oil. A bit time consuming, but worth while, for ways/gibs, and
possibly, your z axis.

Just a thought.....

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead, LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

tictocdoc01 <tictocdoc@s... 2002-12-08 22:09:16 UTC Sherline CNC retrofit Tim Goldstein 2002-12-08 22:21:15 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-12-09 04:38:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-12-09 11:16:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit JanRwl@A... 2002-12-09 13:34:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit JanRwl@A... 2002-12-09 14:34:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-12-09 15:25:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit wanliker@a... 2002-12-09 15:30:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit JanRwl@A... 2002-12-10 21:27:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit Bill Vance 2002-12-10 22:55:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit Dan Mauch 2002-12-11 05:57:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit Marcus & Eva 2002-12-11 08:35:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit JanRwl@A... 2002-12-11 19:35:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline CNC retrofit