CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: CCED_ machinable text files

Posted by IMService
on 2003-01-08 06:33:53 UTC
>Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 01:20:02 -0000
> From: "wiz1026 <ouisel@...>" <ouisel@...>
>Subject: Re: CCED_ machinable text files

>Ivan wrote:

>I was sending out the files because of
>problems another person in the group had in trying to use AutoCAD
>(which he either had, or had access to) to make engravable text.

If you could provide the information to do the same in Intellicad, it would
be welcome and probably useful to many members of the group. I have
tried to find the convert text to vectors function several times and cannot
seem to make it happen.

>Oh, and something that may be a shock to you (it surprised me):
>Sometimes old software is thrown out when a company goes to a
>different kind of software. I had a high school student, working after
>school at a engineering firm, who was given disks, books, & paperwork
>when they discarded AutoCAD R14 and Mechanical Desktop to go to a
>different kind of CAD software.

Autodesk has recently made a big stink about their software NOT being
transferrable from one licensee to another. (I know, consider their beginnings)
There is standing policy of rejection at Ebay of auctions of Acad software.
Since the group has a strong antipiracy stance, it further brings into
question the support of Autocad users that cannot get direct support from
their rep or from Autodesk.

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

imserv@...

Voice:248-486-3600 or 888-451-1670
Fax: 248-486-3698

Discussion Thread

wiz1026 <ouisel@v... 2003-01-07 10:45:12 UTC CCED_ machinable text files Fred Smith <imserv@v... 2003-01-07 14:44:19 UTC Re: CCED_ machinable text files wiz1026 <ouisel@v... 2003-01-07 17:20:05 UTC Re: CCED_ machinable text files IMService 2003-01-08 06:33:53 UTC Re: Re: CCED_ machinable text files Louise Nichols 2003-01-08 10:11:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: CCED_ machinable text files j.guenther 2003-01-08 11:09:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: CCED_ machinable text files