CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: G-code question

on 2003-01-13 16:02:03 UTC
I like to add that G1 also requires a feedrate.
Like adding a "F3." as example for 3 inch a minute.
Most controllers will linear read the line and only
use the last given coordinate for a Address in a block,
ignoring any previous called out values.
X and Y Axses Address will work on most controllers,
however if W or U is acceptable will depend on the
Program you use.
Turbocnc I belive will alow you to use most Letters.
The standard Addressing scheme is

XYZ - Linear main 3d Axes
UVW - Linear secondary Axes running parrallel to XYZ respectivly
ABC - Rotary Axes with rotation around XYZ Axes respectively

makes sense to stick with this where possible.
on a Lathe the main Axes's are XZ for circumference and depth.
Good Luck

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Carol & Jerry Jankura"
<jerry.jankura@s...> wrote:
> Most G-Code interpreters parse the complete block before attempting
> execute it. In the case of the block you provided below, the line
would be
> the equivalent of
>
> G1 X3.0 Y4.3 W1 U1
>
> which is NOT what you explained that you wanted to do. However, If
you were
> to write
>
> G1 X0.0 Y0.0
> X2.0 Y2.0
> X3.0 Y4.3 W0.0 U0.0
> W1.0 U1.0
>
> it should work as you wanted. IOW, put separate motions on separate
lines.
> Since G1 is modal, it will be used until another Gxx code is
executed.

> -- Jerry

CCED list.

> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
> > POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
> > EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Mail List 2003-01-13 09:07:18 UTC G-code question Carol & Jerry Jankura 2003-01-13 09:49:00 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code question Tim Goldstein 2003-01-13 09:52:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code question Matt Shaver 2003-01-13 10:01:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code question Jon Elson 2003-01-13 10:48:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code question torsten98001 <torsten@g... 2003-01-13 16:02:03 UTC Re: G-code question Fred Smith <imserv@v... 2003-01-13 17:45:34 UTC Re: G-code question