CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: G-code question

on 2003-01-13 17:45:34 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Mail List <mlist@t...> wrote:
> Hi all !
> I'm writing a utility to translate my drawings top G-code. I would
like an
> expert opinion:
> is this G-code sintax acceptable ?
>
> G1 X0.0 Y0.0 X2.0 Y2.0 X3.0 Y4.3 W0.0 U0.0 W1.0 U1.0

No it is not acceptable.

For a 4 axis application like wire EDM or hot wire foam cutting, the
axes should be X-Y-U-V in that order on each line, limited to one
occurance of each axis per line, but the axes commands may be modal,
such that if X does not change it need not be repeated on the next
line.

In the case of a 2 axis application such as a lathe the X or Z words
may not be used within the same line that the U or W are active and
vice versa. In this case the U or W represent incremental movements
of the indicated axis and hence no other axis movement would be
allowed ( X or U, and Z or W).

There are situations in which multiple occurances of an axis move are
allowed on a single line. This is for example allowed on machines
that have a "blueprint" programming capability. This capability
allows one to describe geometry through a series of axis parallel,
angular, and arced movement statements. These statements are
powerful in that they can automatically add radius to contour corners
and angles, without requiring any trig calculations by the
programmer. They can also usually be used with cutter compensation,
making the task of cutting an exact size with a given tool, much
simpler. There are very few hobby class machine with this kind of
capability (the Ahha macros are one example of a similar
capability). Usually this is a commercial controller option found on
a Fanuc, Seimens, or Mitsibushi type control.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/grp.html

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

Mail List 2003-01-13 09:07:18 UTC G-code question Carol & Jerry Jankura 2003-01-13 09:49:00 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code question Tim Goldstein 2003-01-13 09:52:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code question Matt Shaver 2003-01-13 10:01:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code question Jon Elson 2003-01-13 10:48:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G-code question torsten98001 <torsten@g... 2003-01-13 16:02:03 UTC Re: G-code question Fred Smith <imserv@v... 2003-01-13 17:45:34 UTC Re: G-code question