CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: I need more power

on 2003-02-07 10:56:38 UTC
um... so if I said a 3/64th drill would you laugh ?

6,000 rpm as the spindle is fitted with standard electric motor
bearings and none of this is balanced.

I am also drilling a 5/16 drills.

It's winter overhaul time and I wanted to upgrade whatever I could
before I get it back up and running again. I'm laying out the
upgrade to high speed for my next major overhaul, and if you
remember, the quill on one of the heads is loose so I am installing a
bronze bushing in that one now and the other head in the fall.

currently using NEMA34, single stack, surplus so probably no more
than 150oz-in.

I can easily fit a triple stack in the same space and have a
humongous power supply so the only real limits are the 7amps of the 4
Gecko's

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "j.guenther"

<dcdziner@p...>
> > wrote:
> > > Dave,
> > > It might be easier to visualize, if you could post a
> > picture or two,
> > > of the present installation, or attach them to a direct email
to me.

> > > Marv Frankel
> > > Los Angeles
> > > dcdziner@p...

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-07 07:59:52 UTC I need more power Marv Frankel 2003-02-07 08:59:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I need more power James Owens 2003-02-07 09:03:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I need more power turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-07 10:30:46 UTC Re: I need more power j.guenther 2003-02-07 10:44:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: I need more power turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-07 10:56:38 UTC Re: I need more power Bernard R <bwjarandall@c... 2003-02-07 11:31:24 UTC Re: I need more power Marv Frankel 2003-02-07 12:08:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: I need more power turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-07 12:42:40 UTC Re: I need more power torsten98001 <torsten@g... 2003-02-07 19:45:54 UTC Re: I need more power