CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Series II

Posted by Paul
on 2003-03-05 10:38:01 UTC
Hi Dave

I Have a Series II BP fitted with a Heidenhain control - Two types were
fitted, TNC145 and TNC151. The former has a limit of 1000 blocks, whilst the
latter has the advantage of being drip fed when you run out of space. Neither
cotrols will accept standard G codes, but it isn't too difficult to write a
small (basic or bash/sed) script to convert from G to Heidenhain.

As jon points out, these are servo machines - The real bummer is the feedback
loop. These machines are fitted with resolvers on the back of the servo
motors. You either replace them with rotary encoders, linear scales, or use a
converter box. The servo amps are also quite crude by current standards,
using SCR devices with some VERY unpleasant control voltages (the circuit
diagrams indicate 380V in places).

One nice thing about these machines - The transformers have a multitude of
taps, so you can run it from a 240V single phase supply. The 2HP spindle
motor has 9 wires in the terminal box, so can be configured to match the
output of a VFD, unless you have a three phase supply..

If you are at NAMES this year, I'll bring the manuals with me..

Regards, Paul.

--

The spamming scumbags have won - A new email account is now in use with a
mangled return address. Send replies to :

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2003-03-04 17:08:37 UTC Bridgeport Series II Jerry Kimberlin 2003-03-04 17:53:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Series II Tim Goldstein 2003-03-04 18:36:58 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Series II Jon Elson 2003-03-04 22:14:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Series II Paul 2003-03-05 10:38:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Series II Shepelak, Hank J 2003-03-06 07:29:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Series II