CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard?

Posted by mrgamber
on 2003-05-10 09:34:15 UTC
Yes, indeed, pins 18-25 show a connection to the common ground on the
controller box which is shared with 120v AC as well as the power
supply gounds.

Is this the problem?

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Markwayne <markwayne@m...>
wrote:
> Check your grounds. If the power supply of the drives is grounding
> through the parallel port ground pins, bad mojo will happen to the
PC
> motherboard.
>
> Mark
>
> mrgamber wrote:
> > I have a problem and am looking for advice. I have two
motherboards
> > fail on my CNC setup and am starting to suspect the controller.
The

wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

mrgamber 2003-05-07 19:15:38 UTC Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Chris 2003-05-07 20:11:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? wayne_j_hill 2003-05-07 21:13:17 UTC Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Robert Campbell 2003-05-08 06:33:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? jcc3inc 2003-05-08 06:52:22 UTC Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Michael Gamber 2003-05-08 07:23:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Markwayne 2003-05-08 08:37:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Rob Humphris 2003-05-08 08:38:27 UTC Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Ross 2003-05-08 10:54:01 UTC Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? mrgamber 2003-05-10 09:34:15 UTC Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard? Markwayne 2003-05-12 00:43:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Can my CNC controller blow my motherboard?