CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box

Posted by mrgamber
on 2003-07-15 16:00:25 UTC
Perhaps a box within a box then? I could build a module that pokes
through the back of the main box that contains the power entry
module, relays and such. put a connector on the side of the small box
that connects to the relay controls. From the outside this would be a
single unit, but I think it would still be the same as having two
seperate modules...

What do you think?

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Alan Marconett KM6VV
<KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> Hi G,
>
> I can't quote from code, and your area might be different, but two
line
> cords (input modules) into the same box would not be wise, in my
> opinion. Bolting grounded boxes together should not pose a
problem, and
> would actually be an elegant solution. The separate box may also
keep
> noise off the lines better!
>
> HTH
>
> Alan KM6VV
>
> mrgamber wrote:
> >
> > Are you saying that code requires design to 220V?
> >
> > If I build the other box, is it an issue if the cases are bolted
> > together?
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Alan Marconett KM6VV
> > <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > > Hi G,
> > >
> > > NOTE: (ASSUMES U.S. WIRING)
> > >
> > > I just did two switched outlets (Sherline spindle and AUX), and
> > used the
> > > same entry module. No problem there, single entry module.
> > >
> > > In your case, I'd be concerned with trying to parallel TWO entry
> > > modules. The possibility exist that they could be plugged into
> > > DIFFERENT halves of the split 220V (U.S. center grounded).
> > Different
> > > "circuits" in households (shops) can be on different "sides" of
the
> > A.C.
> > > line. Best to get the rated entry module you require.
> > > <SNIP>
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

mrgamber 2003-07-14 08:45:30 UTC Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box Bernard R 2003-07-14 09:05:50 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box mrgamber 2003-07-14 09:14:46 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box eferg2001 2003-07-14 09:26:28 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-14 17:13:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box mrgamber 2003-07-15 07:29:19 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-15 11:25:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box mrgamber 2003-07-15 16:00:25 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-15 19:33:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box