CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box

on 2003-07-15 19:33:12 UTC
Hi G,

That sounds like a plan. The idea is to isolate the "second circuit"
(which is possibly the other side of the 220V c.t.) from the circuit
used by the driver/PS.

As I mentioned, I don't know the electrical code, but if the company I
work for was building a "BOX", we'd either build it with an entry module
to handle ALL the current for 110V, or build it for 220V (which would
split the current load on two legs), or build it as more then one
"BOX". How far you take it (or at all) is up to you.

Please be safe! Do not proceed unless you are confident in your wiring
abilities. We want to hear more from you!

HTH

Alan KM6VV

mrgamber wrote:

> Perhaps a box within a box then? I could build a module that pokes
> through the back of the main box that contains the power entry
> module, relays and such. put a connector on the side of the small box
> that connects to the relay controls. From the outside this would be a
> single unit, but I think it would still be the same as having two
> seperate modules...
>
> What do you think?
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Alan Marconett KM6VV
> <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> > Hi G,
> >
> > I can't quote from code, and your area might be different, but two
> line
> > cords (input modules) into the same box would not be wise, in my
> > opinion. Bolting grounded boxes together should not pose a
> problem, and
> > would actually be an elegant solution. The separate box may also
> keep
> > noise off the lines better!
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

mrgamber 2003-07-14 08:45:30 UTC Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box Bernard R 2003-07-14 09:05:50 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box mrgamber 2003-07-14 09:14:46 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box eferg2001 2003-07-14 09:26:28 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-14 17:13:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box mrgamber 2003-07-15 07:29:19 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-15 11:25:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box mrgamber 2003-07-15 16:00:25 UTC Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-15 19:33:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question about AC power distribution in CNC controller box