CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Home brew nuts: squeezing of, in vise-- Release Agent

on 2003-09-07 14:52:17 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jchrisj7734" <jchrisj@a...>
wrote:
> What are you molding? What kind of resin? The reason that I ask is
> that we do a lot of carbon fiber reinforced polymer conmposite
molding
> at work. (We develop high-temperature resins)
>
> If you use either cloth or continuous fiber you can make strong,
> lightweight parts that are really stiff - which might be just the
> thing for some of these home made routers so many people are
working on.

> Chris

Hi Chris,

We were talking about taking a really cheap X/Y vise and removing the
ACME and replacing them with smaller diameter screws. then filling
hte gap with some epoxy like PC-7 or something.

ANY advise would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Discussion Thread

tom sommerville 2003-09-04 14:41:16 UTC Home brew nuts: squeezing of, in vise-- Release Agent Graham Stabler 2003-09-04 16:39:34 UTC Re: Home brew nuts: squeezing of, in vise-- Release Agent jchrisj7734 2003-09-07 12:07:02 UTC Re: Home brew nuts: squeezing of, in vise-- Release Agent jpfalt 2003-09-07 12:07:08 UTC Re: Home brew nuts: squeezing of, in vise-- Release Agent turbulatordude 2003-09-07 14:52:17 UTC Re: Home brew nuts: squeezing of, in vise-- Release Agent