CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Need a vacuum system for acrylic sheets

on 2005-01-12 12:18:12 UTC
Kevin,

Here is what you need to do. On the CNC router that I designed, I left
about 4" of vertical clearance on both sides of the lead screw below the
table top.

You need to machine a piece of MDF where you would normally place your
spoilboard. Rout out a checker board grid pattern. The width of the slots
should be designed to accommodate a strip of closed foam tape. The tape will
go around the outside of the checker board pattern. On the bottom of the
table top and on one side (leave clearance for the lead screw) place a
flange with a 90 deg plastic pipe fitting. Wherever you place the flange,
drill a hole about the size of the pipe ( I would use a 3/4" pipe fitting)
through the spoilboard. Now you can add another pipe to the 90 deg fitting
so that it goes out the back far enough to clear the table. Then you can use
a flexible hose to your blower or shop vac.

The depth of the grid pattern should be such that when the foam gets
compressed it is down to the table top, but snug enough to make a good seal.

Bob Campbell
Bob@...
www.campbelldesigns.com
Breakout board