CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration

on 2005-03-11 07:04:01 UTC
Hi Dan;

You will probally get a lot of responses to this query but here is my
two cents.

First; EMC is far from "gone obsolete", in fact it appears that just the
opposite is the case. Get in touch with www.linuxcnc.org if you
could this should update you quickly.

As to EMC itself there is now a stable version and also a version 2 if
you will that is a major overhaul. I've not personally implemented my
own controller yet (still stocking up on bits and pieces) so I can't go
into the details. I do believe however that most of your issues are
or have been resolved.

As to Windows I think you are on the right track.

Dave