CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration

Posted by kzf817
on 2005-03-11 11:27:32 UTC
I did see in the documentation where the second parallel port usually
used in Bridgeportio can be mapped for pin location and polarity.
What I actually have in mind is running all of the following on a
single parallel port, the one typically addressed at 0378:
X,Y,Z step and direction.
A axis step and direction in the future for a rotary table.
X,Y,Z + and - Limit switches.
X,Y,Z Home switches.
AND: my E-stop input.

Can primary port pin mapping be changed so these can all co-exist on
the same parallel port? Thanks,

Dan.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> kzf817 wrote:
>

> >Good evening. I would like to know if any of you know if any
updates
> >have been done to EMC to allow changing of the mapping of pins to
the
> >first parallel port, in the INI.
> >
> You don't need any updates. Any BDI version of EMC should allow
this.
> You need to change a few numbers in the .ini file.
>
> First, you need to set all addresses of the parallel port to
whatever
> the one you
> are using is located at (generally, 0x378). There should be at
least two
> references to the parallel port, one for motion in the [EMCMOT]
section,
> and one for
> I/O, in the [EMCIO] section. They should both be like :
> IO_BASE_ADDRESS = 0x378
> unless your port is at a different location.
>
> Then, in the [EMCIO] section, there are lines that define the estop
> input and output
> pins with :
>
> ESTOP_SENSE_INDEX = 1
> ESTOP_SENSE_POLARITY = 1
> ESTOP_WRITE_INDEX = 10
> ESTOP_WRITE_POLARITY = 0
>
> This should put the estop sensing on one of the status pins, and
the
> E-stop output
> on one of the control pins. There is a chart in the documentation
that
> shows the
> mapping of these bits - pins.
>
> The polarity selection allows you to invert the polarity of these
bits,
> if needed.
>
> You will need to have bridgeporttask in the [TASK] section, and
> bridgeportio in
> the [EMCIO] section for the aux i/o to communicate with real
hardware.

> Jon

Discussion Thread

kzf817 2005-03-10 21:35:15 UTC EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration rszemeti 2005-03-11 00:09:21 UTC Re: EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration Paul 2005-03-11 04:57:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration David A. Frantz 2005-03-11 07:04:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration erie 2005-03-11 07:24:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration Jon Elson 2005-03-11 08:20:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration kzf817 2005-03-11 11:27:32 UTC Re: EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration Alan Marconett 2005-03-11 16:23:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC popularity, and Parallel port pin configuration